Serious bug

As always, I'm running herbstluftwm 0.6.2-2 on an up-to-date 64-bit
Arch Linux system.

I have written my own financial management software (which I will
release on github when I finish the documentation) called Newcash.
Just as your window manager owes a debt to dwm, my financial manager
owes a debt to Gnucash.

Newcash is written in C (though I am now pretty far along with a
re-write it in Haskell, perhaps for similar reasons that you re-wrote
your window manager in C++) and is built on top of gtk+3 and sqlite3.
When started, a window containing the tree of accounts appears.
Double-click an account and you get an account register, showing all
the transactions associated with the selected account. I wanted to add
a new transaction that was similar to a transaction from a couple of
years ago. So I used the Newcash 'find' command, which provides a
regexp search of any transaction field. When you find the transaction
you are interested in, you can then duplicate it to create the new
one. The duplication saves the trouble of configuring the
transaction's splits with the right accounts.

When the 'find' routine locates a transaction with a regexp match, it
scrolls the register window to it with gtk_tree_view_scroll_to_cell
and places the cursor in it with gtk_tree_view_set_cursor.

Running herbstluftwm, it appears that the scrolling operation fails,
because the highlighted transaction is not shown in the window (I had
the two windows -- account tree and account register stacked
vertically in one frame). Hunting around a bit and I found it using
the mouse wheel.

In dwm, xmonad, i3, and fvwm (all window managers I've tried with the
same Newcash code), this works properly.

This is a serious problem for me, and I cannot use your window manager
until it is fixed. If I can help debug this, I'd be happy to do so.

/Don