Re: Minor bug

(I'm cobbling a reply here, as I had not yet subscribed to this
mailing list and therefore didn't receive a copy of the message below.
I am now subscribed.)

Johannes Jordan wrote:

I think this is an example that shows that manually fulfilling hooks is

a cumbersome design.

The object tree already works correctly in this example (clients.focus
disappears). A workaround for the panel could be to poll
clients.focus.title.

In winterbreeze this issue is gone as hooks are based on the object
tree. To fix the current master, one might want to skim through all
places where changes to clients.focus appear.

My response:

I don't think it's necessary to fix the current master, given the
existence of a branch on which this problem has already been
addressed, apparently by some re-design. I'd much rather see the
developers devote their time to the code on that branch. I can wait
for its release, especially since there's a simple workaround for this
small issue.

/Don