Re: Fwd: Re: [hlwm] split feature-request

Hi,

> Additional (possibly sidetracking) thought: Thorsten, would it be
> possible to enable the use of a command like:

> which follows the way that you presently provide for rules, and would
> be useful for ad hoc placement of apps in tags setup with load layout.
> Of course, if there already is a way to do that, I would be most happy
> to know.

Yes it's possible! There's an example script doing that for placing it
at a custom tag. See the exec_on_tag.sh script from /usr...examples/ or
the git[1]. Extending the script to a custom frame index is left to the
reader :)

> Thank you for a great tool which I love and use every day.

Thanks!

[1] https://git.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/?p=hlwm;a=blob;f=scripts/exec_on_tag.sh