Re: [hlwm] split feature-request

Hi Flexo

On Wed, Dec 04, 2013 at 09:52:28PM +0100, Flexo Rodriguez wrote:
> i having a feature request after i took a look on bspwm.
>
> in bspwm you can not just split the tree to the right and bottom but split a
> window to left and top. i think it would be a great improvement while handling
> frames in hlwm. so if it is possible without that much struggling i will be even
> more happy.

I just tried bspwm but still I'm not sure what you try to describe. So
when doing "herbstclient split vertical 0.5" an empty frame is created
"below" of the focused frame. Is your request that the new empty space
should appear above of the selected frame? (And analogous on the left?)

If yes that should be implemented quite easily.

> (hlwm is the best wm despite some focus-bugs like in chromium)

Which kind of bugs? How can I reproduce them?

Regards,
Thorsten