Re: panel.sh modification suggestion (faster (once a second) clock update)

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 10:11:20PM -0700, Raf Cloesen wrote:
> The problem was indeed on my side. I should have studied the code more
> before writing to this mailing list. I have, therefore corrected my
> mistake.

No problem, that's what the mailing list has been created for. :)

> Your suggestion of a problem with fflush() was correct. As it turns
> out, Debain's MAWK behaves different from GAWK in the way it handels
> buffers (*). I have no knowledge about buffers, and therefore do not
> understand the tecnical side of the issue. Yet I read about an option
> that makes MAWK behave in the way expected. So by changing line 44:
>
> awk '$0 != l { print ; l=$0 ; fflush(); }' "$@"
>
> with:
>
> awk -W interactive '$0 != l { print ; l=$0 ; fflush(); }' "$@"
>
> the problem gets fixed.

I tested it with GNU awk and it still works, so I changed it in the
official panel.sh to make it work with both awk versions.

Sorry for letting you wait that much.

Cheers,
Thorsten