Re: UPDATE: command: shift_edge

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 08:53:33PM +0100, Thorsten Wißmann wrote:
> So the open question is: What's the cleanest and best fixup?
>
>   - Solution A: manually shift the window to the edge instead of
>     calling the shift command. This also would cause that locking and
>     unlocking the monitors isn't needed anymore in shift_edge.
>
>   - Solution B: Remove the setting focus_follows_shift. Is anyone
>     out there using this option with the value 0? This option was
>     initially added for compatibility because the initial shift-command
>     didn't reset the focus.
>
>     Please inform me via irc or the ML if you are using
>     focus_follows_shift = 0.
>
>   - Solution C: Do A and B.

The code of frame_move_window_command() (and related functions) is large
and ugly. So solution A is much work. Refactoring should be done on some
day but not now.

But I don't know anybody who uses focus_follows_shift=0. So I started a
discussion about handling a probably dead configuration (and probably
dead code). I think we just can remove it without affecting anything.

Sorry for taking your -- especially Tylo's -- time for thinking about
this topic.

Regards,
Thorsten