Re: UPDATE: command: negation

Thorsten,

The changes you made look great! There was one little grammar mistake (or, more likely, something you just overlooked) in the doc file when you changed the plural 'commands' to 'command'. I fixed this (editing the patch directly) and attached it.

I've also noted the commit-squashing  and NEWS file buisiness. I'll jump on IRC next time I have a question about those instead of spamming the mailinglist.

Thanks!
Tylo

Ps. 'complete_against' is exactly the phrase I would've chosen, although I'm not positive it'd be considered proper English. I'd say 95% of Englishmen and Americans would understand it though. Good word choice, sir.

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Thorsten Wißmann <edu _at_ thorsten _minus_ wissmann _dot_ de> wrote:
Hy Tylo,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 11:30:39AM -0800, Tyler Thomas Hart wrote:
> Thanks, I completely overlooked that!
> I've also changed the name of the function from
> invert_return to invert_return_command, since it seems like the syntax all
> the other commands use.
>
> The patches for negation with command completion are attached. Should I be
> squashing my commits?

In future: Yes. I did this for you in this case and removed some
trailing whitespaces. I also changed COMMANDS to COMMAND in the
documentation because ! only accepts one command.

I also changed the "invert_return" to "negate" command so that the
naming is consistent.

Furthermore the completion function has to be called "complete_negate"
because it completes the arguments to the negate command, whereas e.g.
"complete_against_tags" completes a parameter by looking at the list of
tags. (But I am not sure if 'against' is the correct english word)

> I've implimented command completion using the check-and-shift method from
> complete_chain.

But you didn't change the parameters to complete_command, so argc and
pos were reduced by 2 and argv was incremented by 2. So I changed the
parameters. And there only is no completion if pos is <= 0, because for
pos = 1, the command name has to be completed.

I also added a note in the NEWS, please also add a appropriate NEWS
entry if you add a command or setting. You also should add your full
name in the author field.

Due to these modifications I'd like you to acknowledge the attached
patch (e.g. via e-mail or irc in #herbstluftwm), then I'll merge it to
master.

Regards,
Thorsten