Re: tag_status in 5.0

Hi Matt,

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 12:50:51AM +0000, Matthew Wall wrote:
> As of upgrading to 5.0:
>
> > herbstclient tag_status 0
>     :sys    -comms    :web    #video    .docs    .files    .min
> > herbstclient tag_status 1
>     :sys    #comms    :web    %video    .docs    .files    .min
>
> This means that the panel cannot differentiate between tags on the focused
> and unfocused monitor as each has a tag with a preceding #.
>
> As monitor 0 is focused the output of tag_status 1 was previously +comms
> instead of #comms.
>
> Is this change intentional? If so I can work around it but it's a bit
> annoying.

This isn't intentional. It's a bug introduced by 78cf2fda41a919 [1].
Thanks for reporting it! It is fixed by commit eab4126e03a042 [2] in the
git version now.

You can temporarily switch to the git version or wait for the next
stable release. Maybe we can release 0.5.1 soon; in some days? There
are already some bug fixes since 0.5.0.

Thorsten

[1] http://git.cs.fau.de/?p=hlwm;a=commitdiff;h=78cf2fda41a919
[2] http://git.cs.fau.de/?p=hlwm;a=commitdiff;h=eab4126e03a042